Friday, May 27, 2005

EID go!

Jack Welch’s autobiography “Jack – Straight from the Gut” provides an insight of his years in GE as a CEO. This was the book that I bought a few days before my last paper so that I could think ahead of what I should do after the exam.

Heading the EID group is not an easy task. Now I’m the “Managing Director” to some 11 great fellow managers cum researchers cum workers. We’ve been having meetings happily, though not been progressing much, for these 3 days non-stop to discuss from our vision to calcium oxide; working at bench, lab, swimming pool and even on the highway. In reality, it’s very hard to voice out because everyone is fighting over each other on this. Even for me I need to struggle to get my time slot to say something. What a pity.

I am in the progress of learning how to lead a team with so much resource – brains and some money – with some effectiveness. Some say the final grade is not important. But for us, the 1st prize of $1400 is indeed very important. We must win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home