Sunday, April 03, 2005

A frog no more

When I was a 9-year-old little boy, I wanted to be a respectable and smart-looking pilot.

Apart from being able to steer such marvelous beast in the air, I also longed to travel around the world at its convenience. I remember the story of the frog living beneath the well thought that the world was only as big as the opening of the well. I didn’t want to be the frog. So whenever I have the chance to travel, even only to Bintulu or Sibu or KK, I tried to squeeze as much memories into my not-so-reliable brain. And also that’s why I picked up photography to supplement it. ;)

As a matter of fact I only traveled within the island where I was born – Borneo Island – in those days, and maybe left it once or twice in a year when having fun in the sea at Santubong or Sematan or Gerigat for their nice beaches. See, I’m a good citizen and always responded to the call for Cuti-Cuti Malaysia.

Time changes so many things that today I’m an engineering undergraduate. Today I still hope that I could travel to other places, to get some experiences. Yesterday a brother in Christ arrived from India shared with us the situation there. He was an organic-chemical people 20 years back in Taiwan but now he’s serving full time in India for the Lord’s move there. Someday, I think I really gonna meet him in India!

I don’t know how long will it take for the trip to be realised. But the exciting news is that probably, possibly, perhaps, at the end of the year, I’ll have the chance to visit Malabon City at North of Manila, Philippines with the campus saints!

Anyway, it doesn’t matter where the destination is; traveling itself is already fun and exhilarating. Though I don’t fly a plane, those budget carriers are really good choices for me to hop on and soar out of the well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home