Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Super Coupes

How beautiful this car is! Saw it from Forbes.com today. However the thing that actually caught my attention was a line of text, quote: “With a sticker price of $150,000, the Bentley Continental GT costs more than many people in the world will make in a lifetime.”



Source: Forbes.com


I wonder how true this statement is. Let’s do some simple maths. $150,000 is US currency, which is equal to approx S$255,000 or RM570,000. Let see, if I’m earning RM2000 per month after graduation, I’d need 24 years to earn that amount of money! Even if I could double my income by whatever means and halve the time to accumulate the money to buy that car, where could I get money for the fuel? Where would I stay? How bout my stomach? How bout…

Back to the question, I hope this statement DOES NOT include me in the statistics in the future. But how? Hey, shouldn’t I be studying instead of browsing net and looking at cars? I should be reading my textbooks and notes now! There’s only 8 days left and I should get good grades for the exam! A! A! A! Wait, do more As help me get more pay in the future to afford a super coupe someday?

Hmmm, anyway I still need some motivation to study. Look at the car below, Ferrari Enzo, isn’t it nice to drive it on the streets in Kuching? Imagine the jealous look people throw at you… :D *R. Kelly’s “I believe I can fly” playing in the background* That’s it! My dream car.



Source: Forbes.com


Oh man, look at the pricetag! How long would I need before I could sit inside? After all have anybody seen an 80-year-old driving a super sport car!? Btw have I forgotten to factor in the few-hundred percent car tax in Malaysia?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home