Sunday, October 31, 2004

Fresh air, fresh experience

Being imprisoned in the campus for a few weeks, at last I could take a break and go out, to breathe the fresh air outside and feel the pulse of the city. The super heavy rain and super strong wind this afternoon gave a thorough wash to the air and makes it so refreshing for me. Today, I’m going to leave those books and notes behind so that I won’t be stressed till going nuts.

My destination for this evening is the university that rejected me twice – NUS. We took MRT to Clementi and boarded bus service 96. Guess what? Moh Loong was in the bus as well! This guy was ranked second, if not top, in CHMS No.1 in our batch, and was also my junior middle school classmate. I haven’t seen him for two years and now he remains unchanged. I believe this also applies to his brain.

Taking shuttle bus in NUS is free. NTU’s shuttle bus is charging 20 cents per ride, why is there such difference? Anyway, when got into the bus we had to bounce, maybe I should say hit, some chairs a few times before we could finally rest our butt safely on the seat! The road is not wide but the bus driver drove the bus so fast! Maybe he’s practicing so that he could join some crazy-bus-driving race or maybe he was an off-road racing participant, who knows? One passenger was “shot” out from the bus while he was supposed to alight ‘properly’. Dangerous, isn’t it?

Thank God we alighted safely and had our eyes open big while walking to the place we’re going. The moral of the story is, don’t always look forward to having cheap or free stuff. You pay for certain things while in return you will receive better stuff or service. This exactly applies to shuttle bus in NTU. If you haven’t realised it, it’s comfortable. Enjoy your rides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home