Thursday, September 22, 2005

For Better or Worse?

Had my system ‘Ghosted’ (clean Windows + Office + Acrobat Pro + Internet Security + IMs) last night so that I could login to my personal online banking site with a better sense of security.

I never think that Microsoft IE is safe. So before I logged in, I checked for the updates of the alternatives. To my surprise, Opera has gone FREE with version 8.5 whilst Firefox is already offering version 1.0.7 and having 1.5beta in their kitchen! In internet, everything just changes at a blink of eyes. Unfortunately it doesn’t apply to IE, yet.

Why do other web browsers are evolving so fast? On one hand, I envy those smart people working hard to find out holes and bugs in the programs to give us a better surfing experience. On the other hand, I feel more envy to those even smarter people keep digging out holes from these browsers. Somehow this kind of cycle makes the technology keeps advancing as well as provides job opportunities. For instance, the programmers have work to do, then some managers are needed to take care of them; they have to inform the world about their achievements so here comes the media, of course not without the PR; lawyers and policy makers have to come out with something that one day would make the lives of you and I different; entrepreneurs set up watchdogs, dotcoms to provide consultations, solutions; then the world could actually be better off!

Haha… Agree with me? If not, tell me!

Fyi: The AWSJ reports today that Micro$oft is reorganizing into 3 major units. Threats from other companies (read: Google, Yahoo, Sony) are finally being sensed and it’s necessary to divide the brain and move them closer to the tip of the nerve to feel the pain, and respond faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home